1. The new Mazda 3 is here and it comes with a fresh new style that follows the Kodo design language.
2. Under the hood, Mazda will offer a 2.0-liter and 2.5-liter Skyactiv-G engine along with the highly anticipated Skyactiv-X spark controlled compression ignition engine. Mazda is staying tight-lipped with regard to power and torque figures for the two engines for now, though.
3. Those engines will be paired to a six-speed automatic or manual transmission, and you will now be able to get the 3 with AWD. One interesting decision is to use a torsion beam rear suspension system.
4. An available Driver Monitoring system uses an infrared camera and infrared LEDs to observe the driver’s eyes while the vehicle is in motion, warning them if it detects them becoming tired.
Discuss this story on our Mazda3 Forum.
New Car Finder
View all Mazda News Recent 2020 Mazda 3 News
- 10 Best Car Deals For August September is almost here, which in the auto industry means the arrival of 2021 models for almost every car you are thinking of buying. It also means that a lot of manufacturers and dealers will be looking to dispose of the 2020 models – with some very attractive deals! read full story
- 2021 Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo Starts from $30,845, Entry-Level 2.0 from $21,445 2021 Mazda3 Turbo deliveries to begin by late 2020, AWD offered as standard. read full story
- Where is Mazda From and Where are Mazdas Made? Japan mostly, but it also operates other plants. read full story
- 2019 Mazda3 Sales Begin in March, Prices Start at $21,000 The hatchback will start at $23,600. read full story
- Engineering Secrets of the All-New 2020 Mazda3 How does such a small automaker do it? read full story
- 2019 Mazda3 Boss Has an Unusual Favorite Feature It's not what you think it is. read full story
- Here’s Why the 2020 Mazda3 Has a Torsion-Beam Rear Suspension It's a decidedly old-fashioned setup, but it's there for a surprising reason. read full story
- 8 Design Secrets of the New 2020 Mazda3 Mazda is trying to make its cars more human, which means not striving for perfection. read full story