Toco has an impressive history of customer service but is it the best choice for you? In this review, we’ll explore Toco warranty reviews from customers and take a closer look at the provider’s extended car warranty coverage, cost, and the claims process. Then, we’ll see how Toco stacks up against the best extended car warranty providers in the industry.
Whenever you shop for vehicle protection, it’s always smart to compare quotes from multiple companies. You can start getting free quotes from our top-rated warranty providers below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
Toco Warranty Highlights
Located in West Hills, CA, Toco Warranty Corp. has been underwriting vehicle service contracts since 2013 and is backed by AmTrust Financial Services. Toco warranty reviews indicate that the company has a positive reputation in the car warranty industry among customers and experts alike.
With no activation fee required to start a car warranty plan and comprehensive coverage options available to protect many car parts, Toco may be a good choice for an extended warranty.
Toco Extended Auto Warranty Coverage
Toco Warranty offers four plans to extend protection on your vehicle’s mechanical parts and systems. Here’s a breakdown of the warranty services:
|Toco Warranty Plan||Coverage||Best For|
|Orange||Exclusionary bumper-to-bumper contract||Vehicles up to 5 years old
with under 60,000 miles
|Vehicles up to 10 years old
with under 100,000 miles
|Green||Enhanced powertrain coverage
for many essential components
|Vehicles up to 10 years old
with under 100,000 miles
|Blue||Basic powertrain coverage||Vehicles up to 20 years old
with under 175,000 miles
Benefits that come with every Toco extended car warranty include:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Trip interruption benefits
- Hotel discounts
What’s Not Covered Under a Toco Extended Car Warranty?
Toco extended car warranties are comprehensive, but they do not cover everything. Some repairs that are not covered by a Toco warranty or most other warranties include:
- Normal wear and tear items
- Damage from a collision
- Damage from misuse, abuse, and neglect
Vehicle service contracts are not available in Alaska, Missouri, and Washington.
Toco Extended Warranty Cost
Toco does not disclose pricing on its website, but we found Toco warranty reviews stating customers paid between $90 and $125 per month for bumper-to-bumper coverage. It’s unclear what vehicles these customers had, but these prices are average for exclusionary coverage.
Some factors that could influence the price of your extended car warranty include:
- Your location
- The type of car you drive
- The number of miles on your odometer
- The pan you choose
- Your deductible
One nice thing about Toco is that it offers pay-as-you-go coverage. Plans can be canceled at any time, but you may be subject to a cancellation fee.
Quotes and Claims Processes
When our research team called the Toco warranty number to get a quote, the call was unable to be completed as dialed. It seemed the line had been disconnected. Toco does have a comprehensive online quote tool for car warranty coverage though.
Toco Warranty Claims
Take your vehicle to any state-licensed repair shop or dealership and have your mechanic contact Toco. Once repairs are completed, you’ll pay your deductible, and Toco will pay the rest of the repair costs directly to the facility.
Toco Warranty Reviews and Ratings
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is home to a healthy mix of positive and negative Toco warranty reviews. With over 100 customers weighing in, Toco has received 4.4 out of 5.0 stars from customer reviews on the BBB.
Positive Toco Warranty Reviews
Favorable Toco reviews highlight the company’s professional and courteous staff, hassle-free claims processing, and comprehensive plans that cover many car repairs.
“I had a wonderful experience with Toco Warranty. They really came to my rescue. I love doing business with them.”
– Akreisha S. via BBB
“This was fast, and [Toco] did a great job… fixed my car quickly, got me back on the road, and saved me $500.”
– Jack G. via BBB
Negative Toco Warranty Reviews
While there are not many negative Toco warranty reviews, most focus on claims for water pump repairs being denied, slow claims processing, and expensive premiums. Toco uses subcontractors to administer claims, and many customers seem to be in agreement that these subcontractors could improve their customer service.
“Unfair and inaccurate claims process. Items covered are the items that never break. There are words that are put on [the] agreement that allows them to scam people and prevents them from paying. I would not waste my money on this company. I feel they are frauds.”
– Albert S. via BBB
“My water pump went out on my car. I filed a claim and was told they would only cover the water pump but not the water pump belt or the tensioner, which is a part of the water pump. So I have to come out of pocket with $487, and I feel they should have covered those parts.”
– Elvis R. via BBB
Negative Toco warranty reviews were almost all addressed by Toco to customers’ satisfaction, which helped earn the company an A+ rating from the BBB.
Experts also have high opinions of Toco extended warranties. Toco’s parent company, AmTrust Financial, has an AM Best rating of A-, which indicates that Toco is in a good financial position to reliably pay out customer claims.
Our Toco Warranty Review: 3.3 Stars
Toco warranty reviews are a positive indication that this provider could be a good choice for your vehicle protection needs. However, the company’s coverage plans and benefits are standard, and our review team had trouble connecting with Toco to get a quote.
For these reasons, we recommend shopping around and considering a few other reputable extended car warranty companies.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
If you’re in the market for an extended car warranty and the Toco warranty reviews haven’t sold you on a Toco policy, we recommend looking into warranties from our top-rated providers, Endurance and CARCHEX.
Endurance: Best Coverage
Endurance provides the industry’s best extended car warranty coverage. It has comprehensive plans and a host of added benefits. Plus, Endurance warranty reviews are very positive overall.
Endurance plans come in six coverage levels:
- Supreme: Bumper-to-bumper exclusionary coverage for high-tech vehicles
- Superior: Comprehensive stated-component coverage that’s best for drivers who want extensive protection but don’t need high-tech component coverage
- Secure Plus: Enhanced powertrain coverage that covers the basic vehicle components, plus a few extra systems like the air conditioning and brakes
- Secure: Affordable powertrain coverage that’s best for drivers on a budget
- Select Premier: Specialty coverage designed for high-mileage vehicles
- EnduranceAdvantage™: Covers mechanical breakdowns as well as maintenance
Endurance extended warranty benefits are included through the Endurance Elite Benefits program. Every customer gets enrolled into this benefits plan for free for their first year of coverage. Endurance Elite perks include:
- 24/7 emergency roadside services
- Total loss protection
- Collision discount
- Two tire repairs or replacements per year
- Key fob replacements
- Endurance mobile app
If you’re interested in seeing what an Endurance plan would cost for your vehicle, you can get a free, no-obligation quote below.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
CARCHEX: Best For Used Cars
CARCHEX is our second-highest-rated provider. This company provides the best service in the extended car warranty industry. It has a largely positive reputation, with an A+ rating from the BBB and partnerships with industry-leading companies like CARFAX, Edmunds.com, and Kelley Blue Book.
CARCHEX offers customers five levels of coverage:
- Titanium: Highest level of coverage, similar to a bumper-to-bumper warranty
- Platinum: Provides the highest level of stated-component coverage that includes all major parts and systems listed on the contract
- Gold: Covers all major systems and is the best plan for cars with over 60,000 miles on the odometer
- Silver: Provides enhanced powertrain coverage for your vehicle
- Bronze: Protects your car’s most vital powertrain components, including the engine, transmission, and drivetrain
Some benefits that come with all CARCHEX plans include:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gas delivery
- Trip interruption coverage
Read more in our complete CARCHEX review, and use the buttons below to get a free quote and see if CARCHEX is a good fit for your car warranty needs.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.