In the past, VehicleOne, a subsidiary of Ally Financial, has offered peace of mind through four levels of extended car warranty coverage. But is the brand still selling VehicleOne warranty coverage today? In this review, we’ll go over the coverage and costs of a VehicleOne warranty so you can make an informed decision about your vehicle service contract needs.
We’ve also reviewed the best extended car warranty companies, and we’ll take a look at how VehicleOne warranty services measure up. To start getting quotes from our top recommended providers, use the buttons below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
VehicleOne Warranty Review: 3.3 Stars
We rate VehicleOne’s warranty at 3.3 out of 5.0 stars. VehicleOne’s existing clients have comprehensive coverage options to choose from when they signed up, but the brand is not currently taking on new clients.
Customers looking to get VehicleOne warranty coverage are encouraged to check out Ally Premier Protection or one of our top recommendations for extended car warranties below.
VehicleOne Warranty Highlights
VehicleOne is a subsidiary of Ally Financial, one of the largest banks and vehicle financing companies in the US. According to the VehicleOne warranty website, the company is still servicing customers that have already purchased warranties. However, drivers looking for new extended car warranty protection are encouraged to check out Ally Premier Protection services, which is another extended warranty product offered by Ally Financial.
VehicleOne Warranty Coverage
Existing VehicleOne warranty customers are covered by one of the four options of extended warranty plans:
- VehicleOne Premium: Coverage for most mechanical and electrical vehicle components that were installed or supplied by the vehicle manufacturer
- VehicleOne Select: Coverage for 11 major vehicle components and systems
- VehicleOne Major: Coverage for eight specific vehicle systems, including the powertrain and a few other components
- VehicleOne Basic: Coverage for only the basic vehicle powertrain components
|Premium Plan||Select Plan||Major Plan||Basic Plan|
|Front-Wheel/ Rear-Wheel Drive||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Suspension (Front and Rear)||✓||✓|
|Heating and Air Conditioning||✓||✓|
|Seals and Gaskets||✓||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Wear and Tear||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
Additional Benefits with VehicleOne
All VehicleOne vehicle protection plans come with additional coverage, such as:
- Towing coverage: This auto service covers up to $100 per occurrence for towing expenses to a repair facility.
- Lost key/lockout: This coverage pays up to $35 for locksmith services if your keys are lost, broken, or accidentally locked in your vehicle.
- Roadside assistance: This additional coverage provides emergency roadside assistance services, including a jumpstart, out-of-gas fuel delivery, and flat tire change.
- Rental car reimbursement: This coverage provides up to $35 per day when your vehicle is undergoing covered repairs.
- Trip interruption: This service covers up to $75 per day in unplanned hotel and food expenses when you’re stranded over 100 miles from home and haven’t reached your destination.
It should be noted that the trip interruption and key services are not available in Kansas.
Additionally, VehicleOne extended auto warranty plans come with perks such as:
- No deductible
- 24-month payment terms with 0-percent financing
- Transferable coverage
- Protection for standard and hybrid vehicles up to 20 years old
VehicleOne Warranty Cost
The average cost of an extended car warranty is about $2,700. VehicleOne does not share cost information on its website, as they are no longer selling warranty contracts.
If you are looking to get an extended warranty plan through another provider, such as Ally, it is safe to say that these are some of the factors that influence the cost of any protection plan:
- Where you are located
- The year, make, and model of your car
- The number of miles on your odometer
- The level of coverage you choose
Quotes and Claims Processes
VehicleOne is not taking new customers and is therefore not give out any quotes. If you are looking to get an extended warranty quote from Ally Protection Premier, call Ally’s help desk at 866-766-4622 to find participating dealerships near you, as Ally’s contracts are only sold through car dealers.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Our research team evaluated each major automotive warranty provider on the market and found Endurance and CarShield to have some of the industry’s best plans, customer service reputations, and pricing.
Endurance: Best Coverage
Endurance has some of the best coverage available today. The company has been in business for over 15 years, and drivers with Endurance extended warranties report overall positive customer service experiences.
Endurance plans come in six coverage levels:
|Plan||Type of Coverage||Best For…|
|Supreme||Bumper-to-bumper exclusionary coverage||Drivers of new, high-tech vehicles|
|Superior||Comprehensive stated-component coverage||Drivers who want a comprehensive plan without high-tech coverage|
|Secure Plus||Enhanced powertrain coverage||Drivers who need coverage fast, as this plan has the shortest waiting period|
|EnduranceAdvantage™||High-mileage enhanced powertrain coverage||Drivers of high-mileage vehicles|
|Secure||Basic powertrain coverage||Drivers on a budget|
|Select Premier||Covers mechanical breakdowns as well as maintenance||Drivers who need coverage for car maintenance, including oil changes and brake pad replacements|
Endurance also offers the best benefits of any extended warranty provider through its Elite Benefits, which includes:
- 24/7 emergency roadside services
- Total loss protection
- Collision discount
- Tire repairs and replacements
- Key fob replacements
- Endurance mobile app
Learn more in our full Endurance warranty review. To see what an Endurance extended warranty would cost for your vehicle, use the buttons below.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
CarShield: Best Value
Popular extended warranty provider CarShield offers low prices for new and used vehicles. The company is also one of the only providers to have a protection plan for motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
CarShield has five comprehensive levels of coverage for cars:
|Plan||Type of Coverage||Best For…|
|Diamond||Bumper-to-bumper coverage||Drivers of new cars|
|Platinum||Comprehensive stated-component coverage||Drivers of high-mileage vehicles|
|Gold||Enhanced powertrain coverage||Drivers of unreliable vehicles|
|Silver||Basic powertrain coverage||Drivers on a budget|
|Aluminum||Specialty coverage designed for cars with high-tech components||Drivers of vehicles with many high-tech components|
Some benefits that come with all CarShield extended warranties include:
- Rental car reimbursement
- Courtesy towing
- 24/7 roadside assistance
You can read more about this provider in our comprehensive CarShield review, and get a free, personalized quote by clicking below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.