Photo credit: lightpoet / Shutterstock.com
If you frequently drive at night and experience eye fatigue or have a hard time seeing in low light conditions, you may want to consider a pair of night driving glasses. Serving a similar purpose as sunglasses during the day, night driving glasses use yellow lenses to help reduce reflections and glare from street lights and oncoming headlights. Essentially, the yellow tint from these glasses filter blue light to improve nighttime visibility. In addition, most night driving glasses will have anti-reflective coating on their lenses, which also aid with reducing reflections from light.
Interestingly, you’ll find some research studies that claim night driving glasses—specifically those with yellow-tinted lenses—don’t actually do a whole lot when it comes to helping you see better at night. Some manufacturers even have a disclaimer saying that their glasses won’t work for everyone. The good news is, most night driving glasses are extremely affordable, priced under $20 for a pair. If you’re unsure whether or not night driving glasses will benefit you, choose an option that offers a 30-day money back guarantee. Order a pair, try them out, and if they don’t improve your vision while driving at night, just send them back for a refund.
Like shopping for traditional glasses or sunglasses, the main deciding factor for the majority of people will be style. Most of the options on our list will have similar features, so your purchase likely comes down to design and price. We recommend choosing a product that has a good return policy, in case they’re not comfortable to wear, or they don’t even improve your nighttime driving experience.
For more information on the best night driving glasses, refer to our table of contents.
Table of contents
- 1. Editor's Pick: Polarspex Polarized Night Driving Glasses
- 2. ATTCL Retro Polarized Night Driving Glasses
- 3. Optix 55 HD Night Vision Glasses
- 4. Clear Night Original Night Driving Glasses
- 5. RIVBOS Polarized Sports Night Driving Glasses
- 6. Bircen HD Night Vision Driving Glasses
- 7. Dollger Polarized Night Driving Glasses
- 8. BLUPOND Night Driving Glasses
- 9. FEIDU Night Vision Driving Glasses
- 10. Feirdio Night Vision Driving Glasses
1. Editor's Pick: Polarspex Polarized Night Driving Glasses
One of the most popular products within the segment on Amazon is Polarspex’s lineup of polarized sunglasses. Available in a wide variety of finishes, you’ll want to choose the “Night Driving Yellow” lenses for night driving glasses. Extremely affordable, yet stylish, these glasses feature a plastic frame, metal reinforced hinges, and plastic polarized lenses that are designed to keep out UVA and UVB rays.
These glasses have a frame width of 146 mm and frame height of 48 mm, while the arm length measures 145 mm and the bridge is 15 mm. The lens width measures 52 mm and the lens height is 43 mm.
Included with each order is a premium grade wool felt protective storage case.
- Extremely affordable
- Available in a wide variety of finishes
- Plastic frame, metal reinforced hinges, plastic polarized lenses
- Includes wool felt protective storage case
2. ATTCL Retro Polarized Night Driving Glasses
These imported glasses from Hong Kong are from ATTCL, featuring a metal frame and non-polarized, photochromatic lenses. Although you’ll see that they’re available in a variety of colors, you’ll want to select the “Night Vision” option if you’re shopping for night driving glasses. The anti-glare, yellow night lenses are designed to filter out about 20% of glare at night.
The metal frame is constructed from aluminum magnesium alloy, making it strong and lightweight. In fact, these glasses tip the scales at only 20 grams. The lenses measure 58 mm by 40 mm, while the bridge is 18 mm and the arms measure 145 mm.
ATTCL offers a 30-day money back guarantee with these night driving glasses.
- Metal frame (aluminum magnesium alloy)
- Non-polarized, photochromatic anti-glare lenses
- Filters out about 20% of glare at night
- Strong and lightweight
- 30-day money back guarantee
3. Optix 55 HD Night Vision Glasses
Optix 55’s offering looks a bit more like goggles than glasses with its wrap-around style. The yellow lenses are designed to reduce glare so you have better vision at night while behind the wheel, and these night glasses will fit over prescription lenses. This product features a plastic frame and plastic polarized lenses, with the lens width measuring 62 mm. Anti-reflective coating is used on both sides of the lenses.
The company includes a rubber-like EVA protective case and a microfiber pouch with these night glasses to help prevent scratches and dents. These glasses are a great option for those who already wear prescription glasses and need something that fits over them.
- Wrap-around style means they fit over prescription glasses
- Plastic frame and plastic polarized lenses
- Anti-reflective coating
- Includes EVA protective case and a microfiber pouch
4. Clear Night Original Night Driving Glasses
From Clear Night are these anti-glare night glasses, sporting a sturdy metal frame and durable TAC polarized lenses that measure 66 mm by 36 mm. The polarized lenses are scratch resistant and designed to offer 100% UV protection. Overall, these glasses are lightweight and compact, and the soft nose pads are adjustable so you can get a comfortable fit.
Clear Night also includes a protective carrying case with its night driving glasses and offers a 100% money back guarantee.
- Sturdy metal frame
- TAC polarized, scratch-resistant lenses offers 100% UV protection
- Lightweight and compact
- Adjustable soft nose pads
- Includes a protective carrying case
- 100% money back guarantee
5. RIVBOS Polarized Sports Night Driving Glasses
From RIVBOS are these stylish night driving glasses, featuring TAC polarized and mirror coating lenses that offer 100% UVA and UVB protection. These glasses sport a wide temple design and come with soft rubber nose pads. The lenses measure 64 mm by 40 mm, while the arms measure 140 mm long. The nose bridge is 30 mm and the overall frame length is 140 mm.
They’re constructed from flexible TR90 material, which is able to bend under pressure without breaking—to a certain extent, we imagine. Even though the company says the frame is unbreakable, it does offer a lifetime breakage warranty on the frame and lenses. So if you do somehow manage to break these glasses, you can contact RIVBOS for a replacement. If you’re not satisfied with the glasses themselves, RIVBOS has a 30-day money back guarantee.
Each pair of glasses comes with a durable hard case with a buckle, a cleaning cloth and pouch, a polarized test card, sunglasses strap, and an instruction manual.
- TAC polarized and mirror coating lenses
- Offers 100% UVA and UVB protection
- Wide temple design
- Soft rubber nose pads
- Flexible TR90 material
- “Unbreakable” frame and lenses
- Lifetime warranty against breaking, 30-day money back guarantee
- Includes carrying case, cleaning cloth, pouch, and more
6. Bircen HD Night Vision Driving Glasses
Most of our night driving glasses so far don’t have a large variety of finishes to choose from, but that isn’t the case with Bircen’s offering. These glasses are available in two styles with different finishes, including gunmetal, black, brown, and silver. Featuring polarized yellow lenses, the frame is constructed from aluminum magnesium, making it highly durable.
For comfort, you can adjust the flexible arms and nose pads, while you can feel safe using these glasses thanks to their high strength resin lenses that are ultra light and ultra thin. Like many quality night driving glasses, Bircen’s product uses polarized yellow lenses to reduce night driving glare and eye strain.
Bircen offers a 30-day money back guarantee with its glasses. Each order includes a cleaning cloth, glasses case, and bag.
- Available in two different styles and a variety of colors
- Durable aluminum magnesium construction
- Ultra light and ultra thin polarized yellow lenses
- Flexible arms and nose pads
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Includes cleaning cloth, carrying case, and bag
7. Dollger Polarized Night Driving Glasses
Another extremely affordable set of night driving glasses comes from Dollger, sporting a soft frame constructed from TR90. Polarized, anti-reflective lenses are used to enhance nighttime visibility, while the lightweight frame (total weight 22 grams) is durable and flexible—like other glasses on our list manufactured with TR90. The 100% polarized lenses block UVA and UVB rays while eliminating reflections and improving vision.
The lenses measure 52 mm by 47 mm, while the bridge is 19 mm and the arms measure 147 mm.
Dollger offers a 1-year warranty with its product.
- Flexible and durable TR90 construction
- Lightweight frame
- 100% polarized, anti-reflective lenses
- 1-year warranty
8. BLUPOND Night Driving Glasses
BLUPOND’s night driving glasses are one of the most expensive on our list, but they’re arguably the most stylish and sporty. These driving glasses feature TAC transparent lenses with a special yellow coating to enhance visibility at night. The lenses are blue-light polarized so they filter out harmful blue light rays from oncoming headlights.
Interestingly, BLUPOND is a bit more transparent than other companies with its advertising, saying that glare reduction may or may not be noticeable with night driving glasses. The company says factors such as age and health affect whether or not these glasses will reduce glare when used, but it has recorded a decrease of up to 25% glare through lab tests.
The metal, semi-rimless frame provides a larger field of view and have integrated nose pads and a rubberized support system. These glasses are not designed to be worn over prescription glasses. They’re available in four colors: brown, gold, metal black, and titanium.
Along with the glasses, you’ll receive an EVA foam semi-hard sport case, mini screwdriver, glasses pouch, microfiber cleaning cloth, glasses clip for car storage, and a gift box. These glasses may be expensive, but you’re getting a lot more than other options on our list.
- Stylish and sporty with metal semi-rimless frame
- TAC transparent lenses with special yellow coating
- Blue-light polarized to enhance nighttime visibility
- Integrated nose pads, rubberized support system
- Available in four colors: brown, gold, metal black, and titanium
- Not designed to be worn over prescription glasses
- Includes plenty of accessories
- A bit more expensive than other options on our list
9. FEIDU Night Vision Driving Glasses
FEIDU offers its night driving glasses in a variety of different styles, all at an affordable price. Featuring aluminum magnesium construction, FEIDU’s glasses have flexible arms that can be adapted to different facial shapes. The spring arms can also be stretched and adjusted up to 10 degrees for comfort. The anti-glare, polarized yellow lenses are designed to improve clarity in fog, dark, and other low light conditions.
Each pair of glasses include a screwdriver, polarizing test board, soft cleaning cloth, glasses bag, and a gift box. FEIDU offers a 30-day refund guarantee with its glasses.
If none of the styles we’ve shown off on this list so far appeal to you, take a look at FEIDU’s lineup. You may see something you like.
- Available in a variety of different styles
- Aluminum magnesium construction
- Flexible/adjustable arms
- Anti-glare, polarized yellow lenses
- Includes screwdriver, polarizing test board, soft cleaning cloth, glasses bag, and gift box
- 30-day refund guarantee
10. Feirdio Night Vision Driving Glasses
Like FEIDU, Feirdio offers its night driving glasses in a variety of different styles. In fact, given how many overseas manufacturers have a presence on Amazon, we wouldn’t entirely be surprised if these two companies get their products from the same source. Feirdio’s options are different styles than FEIDU’s products, but they’re similarly priced in the affordable range.
These glasses have a metal frame and anti-glare, polarized lenses to enhance visibility in fog and dark situations. The hinge is also adjustable on the different styles, with temples sporting a smooth curve for comfort. Take a look through all the different designs Feirdio has to offer to see what fits your style.
Each package comes with a screwdriver, soft cleaning cloth, two bags, a polarizing test board, and gift box.
- Available in a variety of different styles
- Affordable price
- Metal frame
- Anti-glare, polarized lenses
- Adjustable hinges
- Includes screwdriver, cleaning cloth, bags, polarizing test board, and gift box
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.