Acura RSX Sedan to Arrive in 2013, Coupe to Follow

On of the largest growth areas in the auto industry is the premium compact segment. Acura had it all locked-down with the Integra and then the RSX and then made the foolish move to axe the car.

Now, the RSX is poised to return, arriving in the Spring of 2013, but as a sedan. A coupe is also planned, it won’t arrive until 2015, with the possibility of a convertible version to follow.

The RSX will be based on the current Honda Civic platform and powered by a 210-hp version of the Civic Si powerplant. Honda intends to differentiate it more significantly from the current Civic-based CSX sold in Canada, however.

This move could result in the death of the TSX, with the next-generation TL set to shrink slightly in order to fill the gap.

[Source: AutomotiveNews via CNET]

jgm99_ says:

I wish there coupe was awd.. we have all been waiting for them to do one because sti n evos are running the affordable sports car class .. n there four doors…Imagine an rsx awd with a 2.4 6spd lsd liter engine n/a power from 230-280 HP as long as the car weight is around 2800-3000 lbs for the type s n then a higher level similar to the aspec that comes with stiffer suspension ..recaro bucket seats and is either Turbo or supercharged.. I’d love to see them partner with a jrsc or greddy as long as it makes 320-380 horses honda would make a killing and enthusiast would be happy n the cost of doing you own build would decrease

rolex says:

Finally Acura is taking a good decision, make me proud with the rsx s, and clean up your crap cars…

Richard says:

I can’t believe they are bringing out a 4 door before they bring back a coupe. They have enough 4 doors already!

RallyMonkeyUSA says:

I have the 2005 RSX-S which is a 2.0 liter, 210 horsepower, 4 cylinder and I love it. I would imagine it will still be kicking in 2015 which would prevent me from entering the car buying business, but I’m sure shortly after 2017 or so is when I’ll be buying another RSX. I love it. I’ve had 0 problems with it. Easy maintenance, great gas mileage, and its fun as heck to drive (except on LA Freeways). This would revive Acura’s market for sure.

Sean_richardson52 says:

I have a 2002 Acura RSX-S with some bolt-ons and I love this car to death. I’ve had problems with mine but it wasn’t the cars fault, mainly bad luck from time to time. I can’t wait to see the plans for the new model!

yodaddy says: