Extending your car’s warranty coverage is a good idea for drivers who want maximum peace of mind on the road. Elite Warranty services are sold through dealerships and are available for new and pre-owned vehicles. But does Elite Warranty offer the right extended coverage for you?
In this article, we’ll take a look at the cost and coverage of a vehicle service contract from Elite Warranty. If you find Elite Warranty isn’t a good fit, we’ll also recommend some of the best extended car warranty companies on the market so that you can find your ideal coverage.
To start getting quotes from our top recommended providers, use the buttons below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
Elite Warranty Highlights
Elite Warranty is a third-party extended car warranty provider that sells vehicle service contracts to consumers through car dealerships. The company is based in Springville, Utah and provides plans across the United States for multiple car brands.
What Does Elite Warranty Cover?
Elite Warranty offers three coverage plans: Standard, Premium, and Superior. Here’s a breakdown of each plan:
|Plan||Type of Coverage||Covered Parts||Best For|
|All vehicle components and systems, except for a short list of exclusions||Drivers with vehicles
over 75,000 miles
|Engine, transmission, four-wheel drive, steering, seals and gaskets, fuel system, cooling system, air conditioning, and electrical||Drivers with vehicles
that have 120,000 miles or less
|Standard||Powertrain coverage||Engine, transmission, four-wheel drive, cooling system, and fuel system||Drivers of any vehicle who want to be covered against the most expensive breakdowns|
Elite Extended Warranty Add-Ons
You can upgrade the Elite Warranty Standard plan to cover:
- Air conditioning clutch, compressor, and clutch bearing
- Cylinder head gaskets
- Fuel pump
- Lifted vehicles or vehicles with oversized tires
Additionally, the provider has add-on coverage like:
- Roadside assistance to cover towing, jump-starts, and lockout services
- Gap coverage
- Paintless dent repair
- Tire and wheel road-hazard coverage
- Key and key fob coverage
- Windshield coverage
Many third-party providers offer these services at no additional cost. But if you’re set on an Elite Warranty plan, it could be worth the upcharge for these benefits, which can be of tremendous help in the event of a mechanical breakdown.
Elite Warranty Cost
Like many extended car warranty companies, Elite Warranty does not offer cost information on its website, but our research team was able to find driver-reported cost information in customer reviews on the company’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) page.
One customer reported paying $1,475 for an Elite Warranty but did not mention what level of coverage they purchased, nor what kind of car they had. Another driver said they paid $3,040 for a plan with a $50 deductible.
The average cost per year of coverage for an extended car warranty is between $600 and $1,000. The cost of your auto warranty will depend on the car you drive, the plan you choose, your location, and the deductible you choose. Also, because Elite Warranty services are sold through dealerships, the final price may be negotiable.
Quotes and Claims Processes
To get a quote from Elite Warranty, you’ll need to contact an authorized dealership. Reach out to dealers in your area to see if any offers Elite Warranty products.
Elite Warranty doesn’t provide claims information on its website. However, typical steps that customers are encouraged to take in the event of a mechanical breakdown and filing a claim are as follows:
- Pull over to a safe place if possible.
- If your plan includes roadside assistance, call the number on your contract.
- Have your vehicle towed to an approved facility.
- Have the repair shop call Elite Warranty for repair authorization.
- Once the repair is completed, Elite Warranty services should take care of the bill. Some extended warranty providers will reimburse customers for repairs, and others pay repair facilities directly.
- If your plan has a deductible, you’ll be responsible for paying it to the repair facility.
Elite Warranty Ratings and Reviews
Elite Warranty has an A+ rating from the BBB. This bodes well for the company’s reliability. It has also received a 3.5 out of 5.0-star rating from customers.
Positive reviews on the BBB site highlight quick claims processing and favorable customer service experiences. Negative reviews mention drivers having trouble with receiving a prorated refund upon cancellation, not receiving a copy of their contract after purchase, and not getting coverage for repairs they thought were included under their Elite Warranty contract.
Elite Warranty Extended Coverage: 3.0 Stars
Overall, Elite Warranty has a positive industry reputation and could be a good fit if it is offered to you at a dealership and the price is right. However, you’ll need to pay extra if you want standard benefits offered by other warranty companies.
We recommend drivers get quotes from multiple providers and compare the price and coverage options before making a final decision. Read more about the providers we recommend below.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
If you’re looking for more flexible coverage than Elite Warranty offers, consider a third-party warranty that sells directly to consumers. Read on to learn more about coverage and costs from our top recommend providers, then get a few free, personalized quotes.
Endurance: Best Coverage
We looked into every major auto warranty company on the market and found Endurance to provide the best coverage available. Endurance offers six comprehensive plans, ranging from a basic, budget-friendly powertrain plan to a bumper-to-bumper exclusionary warranty.
Endurance offers one year free of Elite Benefits that are included in every Endurance extended warranty such as:
- 24/7 emergency roadside services
- Collision discount
- Total loss protection
- Tire repairs and replacements
- Key fob replacements
- Endurance mobile app
To see what an Endurance plan would cost for your vehicle, click below.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
CarShield: Best Value
CarShield is another industry-leading provider that offers customers high-quality, budget-friendly plans. The company has five auto plans to choose from, plus it’s one of the only providers that has protection plans for motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, too.
Some benefits that come with all CarShield extended warranties include:
- Rental car reimbursement
- 24/7 roadside assistance
You can read more about this provider’s plans, costs, and customer reviews in our full CarShield review, and get a quote from the company below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.