Now companies in general trademark various monikers in order to protect its intellectual property, so this doesn’t guarantee that BMW has these models in development. But several do stand out including the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer model, an X2, and various M models that seem like high possibilities.
The 2 Series will be a spin-off based on the new 1 Series in both Coupe and Convertible form. If we had to take a guess, the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer model sounds like a hybrid variant in crossover form.
A series of E filings were also done, from E1-E9, i1-i9, X2, X4, M1, M2, M7, M10 and various M Sport models which reveal that the German automaker could have a lot more powerplants in development.
See a full list of the registrations below
- Gran Tourer
- Compactive, Compactive Tourer
- E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9
- i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9
- X2, X4
- M1, M2, M7, M10
- M35, M40, M55, M300, M350, M400, M500
- M130, M135, M140, M230, M235, M240, M330, M335, M340, M430, M435, M440, M450, M550, M650, M750
- GC, Gran Coupe, BMW Gran Coupe, 6er Gran Coupe
- SportMode, CoolMode, Air Collar, BMW Turbotec, Drive eCharged, LifeDrive, i Pedelec
- Corniche, Shadow, Wraith, Cloud, Dawn
- Rocketman, Paceman, Clubvan[Source: BMW Blog]