Few things during a road trip are painful in the way that being caught in a traffic jam.
With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, AAA estimates 36.1 million Americans will travel over 50 miles from their homes. It’s one of the biggest weekends for people to take road trips and considering that, you might like to know which highways are the absolute worst in the U.S.
According to Google Maps, the following 10 freeways are the most congested to drive in the U.S. California has the highest number of clogged freeways while Hawaii holds second place and New York at number 3.
1. Interstate H-1 E, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
2. Interstate 5 N, in San Diego, Calif.
3. California 2 E, in Los Angeles, Calif.
4. Lunalilo Freeway, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
5. U.S. Highway 101, in Hollywood, Calif.
6. Interstate 278 W, in Sunnyside, New York
7. Interstate 678 N, in Briarwood, New York
8. Lunalilo Freeway, from Liliha to Kapalama in Honolulu, Hawaii
9. US Highway 101 N, in downtown Los Angeles, Calif.
10. California 2 E, in Santa Monica and Glendale, Calif.