As your vehicle begins to age, it will likely face more mechanical problems that require professional servicing. An extended vehicle protection plan like those offered by Premier Protection Services is one way to help plan for the cost of car ownership.
As with any product, it is a good idea to compare prices and reviews before making a final decision about auto warranty coverage. This article will help you determine if Premier Protection Services is worth your time by breaking down the company’s plan costs, reputation, customer reviews, and claims process.
We also see how Premier Protection Services stacks up against some of the best extended car warranty providers. In addition to reading this article, be sure to compare prices and plans for yourself. You can start getting free quotes from our top recommended warranty companies using the buttons below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Premier Protection Services Highlights
Premier Protection Services, or PPS, sells car warranties directly to customers across the US. All Premier Protection Services plans are administered by Marathon Group, Allegiance Administrators, and Royal Administration Services. Each of these companies is well-known within the auto warranty industry and provides reliable claims servicing.
While Premier Protection Services still maintains a company website, it seems to have changed its name. When we tried to call the phone number on its website, we were connected with a company called Driver’s Protection. Both companies are located in Missouri and offer the same vehicle service plans.
Premier Protection Services Extended Auto Warranty Coverage
Premier Protection Services offers three plan options:
- Exclusionary New Vehicle Protection Plan: The highest level, which covers most mechanical and electrical systems
- Stated Component Vehicle Protection Plan: Covers parts of the engine, transmission, differential assembly, steering, timing belt, electrical components, suspension, fuel system, and air conditioning
- Powertrain Vehicle Protection Plan: Covers parts of the engine, transmission, transfer case, fuel system, some electrical components, turbocharger, and air conditioning
A few things that Premier Protection Services will not cover include:
- Repairs made outside the US and Canada
- Damages that result from continued vehicle operation after your car needs repairs or maintenance
- Collision damage
- Covered components that are damaged by non-covered components
- Vehicles with aftermarket modifications
In order to keep your vehicle eligible for coverage you must:
- Regularly change the oil
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule at your own expense
- Obtain prior authorization for all repairs
- Authorize and pay for a teardown and issue diagnosis
In addition to paying for the repairs and replacements of covered components, all Premier Protection Services contracts include the following added benefits:
- Roadside assistance: Up to $50 per service
- Towing: Up to $100 per occurrence
- Rental reimbursement: Up to $30 per day for 5 days
- Trip interruption reimbursement: Up to $50 per day for 3 days
Premier Protection Services Cost
Extended auto warranties are priced based on your vehicle model and mileage. The city in which you live may also impact your final cost. We contacted Premier Protection Services and asked for a quote on a 2017 Ford Explorer with 45,500 miles. We were offered the following terms for an Exclusionary New Vehicle Protection Plan:
|Premier Protection Services Cost|
|Coverage Term||5 years or 100,000 miles|
|Financing||$295 per month for 15 months|
|Cost Per Year of Coverage||$839|
We’ve collected quotes from many extended warranty providers for the same vehicle. Comparing prices among providers can be difficult because each offers different financing terms and coverage lengths. While one provider may have lower monthly payments, it could have a higher total cost. One plan may have a lower final price but cover your vehicle for fewer years.
We found the average cost per year of coverage for a full bumper-to-bumper warranty to be around $840. This is very close to the terms offered by Premier Protection Services. A $100 deductible and 15-month financing term are both fairly standard as well.
Overall, the price range of a Premier Protection Services extended warranty is competitive but not exceptional.
Quotes and Claims Processes
To get your own quotes from Premier Protection Services, fill out the request form on the company’s website or call 800-908-7855. Remember that Driver’s Protection will answer the phone, not Premier Protection Services.
When we called for a quote, the agent we spoke with was polite and the entire process took less than 10 minutes.
Canceling Your Premier Protection Services Contract
If you decide to cancel your contract, you can do so for a full reimbursement within 30 days. You can still cancel after 30 days and receive a prorated refund minus a $150 cancellation fee.
With a Premier Protection Services extended warranty, your vehicle can be serviced by any mechanic certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®). Simply contact your administrator’s claims department before any work is performed. If a repair is approved, you will be issued an authorization number. Your administrator will pay the mechanic directly, minus your deductible.
If your vehicle needs service and your administrator’s claims office is closed, you can pay for the repairs yourself and be reimbursed afterward.
Premier Protection Services Ratings and Reviews
Premier Protection Services holds a C+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). There have been very few customer reviews posted or complaints filed against the company in the past three years.
Drivers Protection, however, has an F rating from the BBB and has received 15 complaints in the past three years. Customers most often complain about poor customer service and denied claims. Such complaints are typical for an extended warranty provider and not necessarily indicative of a bad company.
Premier Protection Services does not have an especially strong online or industry reputation. We’re hesitant to recommend it over more established providers.
Premier Protection Services Extended Warranty: 3.2 Stars
Premier Protection Services is worth a look if you are comparing price options. The quotes we received from this provider were about average for the industry, and plans come with some standard perks.
However, there are more established competitors with stronger records on the market. Premier Protection Services doesn’t have much in the way of reviews, so it’s hard to get a feel for customer service. Unless you are offered especially generous contract terms, you may want to consider other providers.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Premier Protection Services is not a bad choice, but there are other providers that we rank higher. Two of these are Endurance and CARCHEX. Consider looking into extended service contracts with these providers, which offer more options and longer coverage terms.
Endurance: Best Coverage
Endurance is one of the few car warranty providers to be named to the 2020 Inc. 5000, a list of the fastest-growing companies in the US. It sells six levels of coverage that range from basic powertrain plans to exclusionary bumper-to-bumper contracts, some of which even include coverage for routine maintenance services.
While Endurance warranties run a little more expensive than other contracts, they also provide superior coverage and more comprehensive benefits, including a free year of Endurance Elite Benefits, which gives drivers key fob and tire replacements, total loss protection, access to the Endurance mobile app, and more.
See how much you would pay for Endurance coverage by clicking below.
Endurance is our pick for best coverage with its comprehensive warranty options.
CARCHEX: Best For Used Cars
CARCHEX is another highly reputable provider. It has made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies eight times, most recently in 2018. CARCHEX partners with industry leaders like Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds.com. It is one of the oldest extended warranty providers, holds an A+ rating from the BBB, and has scores of positive customer reviews.
If you are looking for a low-cost option, CARCHEX has some of the best rates among our top providers. CARCHEX quoted us lower prices than Premier Protection Services. It is certainly worth looking into a CARCHEX contract if you are considering an extended service contract for your new or used vehicle.
You can get a free quote from CARCHEX below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.