Wondering what AA Auto Protection has to offer? Let’s take a closer look at the cost, coverage, and reputation of AA Auto Protection.
In this review, we’ll help you decide whether an AA Auto Protection extended vehicle warranty is right for you. We’ll also recommend a few of the best extended car warranty companies in the industry so you can compare plans and pricing.
You can start getting free quotes from our top recommended companies using the buttons below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
AA Auto Protection Highlights
AA Auto Protection is an extended car warranty broker headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, that sells extended vehicle service contracts. Its plans are administered through AM Best A-rated companies, but AA Auto Protection itself currently holds an F rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
What Does AA Auto Protection Cover?
AA Auto Protection offers customers five coverage levels to choose from:
- Full Coverage: Exclusionary contracts that offer the most comprehensive coverage
- Premium Stated Component Coverage: Comprehensive stated-component contracts that offer the best coverage for vehicles that don’t qualify for Full Coverage
- Stated Component Coverage: Stated-component contracts that cover most major vehicle parts and systems
- Premium Powertrain Plus Coverage: Enhanced powertrain contracts that cover the engine, transmission, and drivetrain, plus additional parts such as the water pump, alternator, and more
- Premium Powertrain Coverage: Basic powertrain contracts that cover only the engine, transmission, and drivetrain
Some benefits that come with all AA Auto Protection contracts include:
- Your choice of repair shop accredited by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®)
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- 30-day money-back guarantee
How Much Does AA Auto Protection Cost?
AA Auto Protection does not share cost information on its website, but we were able to find a few customer reviews that mentioned pricing. One customer reported having monthly payments of about $150 for full powertrain protection. Other customers reported paying $2,756, $2,675, $3,700, and $4,400 upfront for coverage.
Although we don’t know what kinds of vehicles these customers drive or what level of coverage they selected, these prices look about average for standard extended warranty coverage.
Some factors that could influence the cost of your extended car warranty include:
- The year, make, and model of your vehicle
- The number of miles on your odometer
- Your location
- The plan and deductible you choose
Quotes and Claims Processes
To get a quote, drivers have the option to call AA Auto Protection at this toll-free phone number—888-222-4445—or use the company’s online quote tool and have a quote emailed to them.
Before filing a claim with AA Auto Protection, be sure to read your contract carefully so that you understand your coverage. Next, take your vehicle to a licensed repair facility. Have the repair shop call AA Auto Protection to approve coverage for the repair before starting any work. If the claim is approved, you will only be expected to pay your deductible to the repair shop, and AA Auto Protection will handle the rest.
AA Auto Protection Reviews and Ratings
AA Auto Protection has an F rating from the BBB. There are also multiple alerts on the company’s BBB profile warning about prior lawsuits, customer issues with receiving refunds for canceled services, and email phishing scam tactics used by the business.
There are only a few positive customer reviews on AA Auto Protection’s BBB profile. They highlight the company’s honest sales representatives, informative spokespeople, and upfront nature regarding what is covered with a contract.
Negative customer reviews shed light on unresponsive salespeople, trouble getting a refund upon cancellation, and difficulties canceling coverage.
AA Auto Protection Extended Warranty: 2.8 Stars
AA Auto Protection offers comprehensive extended auto warranty plans administered through companies with high ratings, but the provider itself does not have a particularly strong industry reputation. Overall, we rate AA Auto Protection at 2.8 out of 5.0 stars.
We recommend looking into more reputable extended car warranty companies that offer the same high levels of protection, better benefits, and more transparent business practices than AA Auto Protection.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
While we don’t recommend an extended warranty from AA Auto Protection, rest assured there are plenty of reliable providers out there with high-quality coverage at an affordable price. These providers can provide peace of mind, especially for drivers of high-mileage or used cars.
Our review team analyzed each of the major extended car warranty providers and found Endurance and CarShield to offer some of the industry’s best plans and lowest-cost coverage. We recommend getting quotes from both providers to be sure you’re getting the best price for your extended vehicle protection.
Endurance: Best Coverage
We named Endurance our No. 1 provider of extended car warranties because of its comprehensive plans, great customer reviews, and outstanding benefits package.
Endurance offers six levels of coverage:
- Supreme: Exclusionary coverage
- Superior: Highest level of stated-component coverage
- Secure Plus: Shortest waiting period before coverage begins
- Secure: Most affordable powertrain plan
- Select Premier: Specially designed plan for high-mileage vehicles
- EnduranceAdvantage™: Covers mechanical breakdowns as well as maintenance
Endurance benefits come free for each customer’s first year of coverage through the Endurance Elite Benefits. These benefits include:
- Roadside assistance
- Key fob replacements
- Total loss protection
- Tire repairs and replacements
- Collision discount
- Endurance mobile app
Use the buttons below to get an Endurance quote for your vehicle, and learn more in our comprehensive Endurance warranty review.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
CarShield: Best Value
CarShield ranks third on our list of best extended warranty providers, behind Endurance and CARCHEX. CarShield is known for having the Best Budget Warranty. This company is also one of the only providers that has protection plans for motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
CarShield offers five coverage plan options for cars:
- Diamond: Bumper-to-bumper coverage that’s best for new cars
- Platinum: Comprehensive stated-component coverage that’s best for high-mileage vehicles
- Gold: Enhanced powertrain coverage that’s best for drivers of less-reliable vehicles
- Silver: Affordable, basic powertrain coverage that’s best for drivers on a budget
- Aluminum: Specialty plan that’s best for cars with high-tech parts
All CarShield extended warranties include benefits such as:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Courtesy towing
You can read more about this provider in our full CarShield review. Or, to get a quote for a CarShield plan that’s tailored to your vehicle’s unique needs, use the buttons below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.