Wholesale Warranties specializes in extended warranties for recreational vehicles (RVs) but offers extended protection for cars, trucks, and SUVs as well. The company claims to offer some of the lowest-priced service contracts in the industry by operating with a small team and low overhead.
Is Wholesale Warranties able to provide comprehensive coverage at a low price, or does the skeleton crew fail to deliver? This article will provide a closer examination of Wholesale Warranties’ policies, prices, and customer service reputation. See how the company stacks up against the best extended auto warranty providers in the industry.
While Wholesale Warranties may offer low-priced coverage for your vehicle, you can never know for sure that you have a great rate unless you shop around and compare quotes. In addition to reading this article, request free quotes from some of our top recommended providers using the buttons below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
- Wholesale Warranties Highlights
- What Does a Wholesale Warranties Extended Auto Warranty Cover?
- How Much Does Wholesale Warranties Coverage Cost?
- Quotes and Claims Processes
- Wholesale Warranties Ratings and Reviews
- Wholesale Warranties Extended Coverage: 3.9 Stars
- Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
- Q & A
Wholesale Warranties Highlights
Wholesale Warranties specializes in RV extended service contracts, but it also offers auto extended warranty products and RV roadside assistance. The company has been in business for 15 years and promises to deliver low-cost extended coverage.
What Does a Wholesale Warranties Extended Auto Warranty Cover?
Wholesale Warranties auto coverage options range from simple powertrain to comprehensive bumper-to-bumper contracts. There are three options drivers can choose from:
- Exclusionary: This plan covers all parts of your vehicle, except for a list of exclusions. Examples of non-covered components include batteries, shock absorbers, safety restraint systems, wheels and rims, brake pads, and more.
- Listed Component: This plan covers parts that are specifically listed in your vehicle service contract, including your engine, transmission, transfer case, electrical, and more.
- Powertrain: The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s engine, transmission, drive axle, and transfer case.
While it offers a few auto contracts, Wholesale Warranties really specializes in extended warranties for motorhomes and towables. RV warranties are available in four different contracts:
- Exclusionary RV Warranty: The Exclusionary plan covers RV repairs for all mechanical components except for pre-existing conditions, regular maintenance, and aesthetic and structural components.
- Comprehensive RV Warranty: This covers many components such as the engine, transmission, steering, brakes, air conditioning, water system, refrigerator, and electrical systems.
- Coach Only RV Warranty: For RVs still covered under a manufacturer powertrain warranty, this plan specifically excludes powertrain and engine components.
- Pop-Up Camper Protection: Protection for campers includes some heating and cooling components, small-scale plumbing, and minor repairs.
Additional coverage available from Wholesale Warranties includes:
- Travel trailer and fifth-wheel coverage: Exclusionary and comprehensive contracts for camper trailers
- RV roadside assistance: Includes lockout assistance, towing, and emergency fuel delivery
- RV tire and wheel protection: Will replace or repair tires damaged by road hazards
All contracts are transferable and include towing and lockout service benefits.
How Much Does Wholesale Warranties Coverage Cost?
The price of an extended car warranty varies depending on your vehicle. Older vehicles with more expensive parts cost more to cover. Prices also vary based on when coverage is purchased. Extended warranties can be bought for newer vehicles at a lower cost.
We contacted Wholesale Warranties to ask for a quote for a 2017 Ford Explorer with 45,500 miles and received the lowest price we’ve been quoted to date. We were offered a contract through Omega with the following terms:
|6 years/100,000 miles||Exclusionary||$2,055||$100|
Other companies may offer better prices for high-mileage vehicles, but Wholesale Warranties certainly has good options for vehicles under 50,000 miles.
RV warranty coverage is likely to cost significantly more than the quote listed above. We found reports of customers paying anywhere from $4,600 to $10,000 for their Wholesale Warranties RV contracts. Prices are likely to vary greatly depending on your RV.Other companies may offer better prices for high-mileage vehicles, but Wholesale Warranties certainly has good options for vehicles under 50,000 miles.
Quotes and Claims Processes
The easiest way to get a quote from Wholesale Warranties is to contact the company directly at 800-939-2806. You can also fill out a form on the Wholesale Warranties website. If you fill out a form, Wholesale Warranties will call you with an offer, so calling yourself is a quicker option.
We found the Wholesale Warranties quotes process to be among the friendliest of any extended warranty company. The representative was not at all pushy and assumed we would take time to consider his offer. Most representatives we deal with pressure us to purchase on the spot, but the Wholesale Warranties representative did not.
If you do purchase a Wholesale Warranties contract and change your mind, contracts can be canceled at any time for a prorated refund.
Wholesale Warranties Claims Process
The claims process is as follows:
- Take your vehicle to any licensed repair facility in the US or Canada.
- Have the repair facility diagnose the problem.
- Contact Wholesale Warranties to get pre-authorization on any required repairs.
- A Wholesale Warranties contract administrator pays the repair facility for the cost of parts and labor, minus your deductible.
Wholesale Warranties Ratings and Reviews
Wholesale Warranties holds an A rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Perhaps even more impressive is the company’s four-star customer rating, which is averaged from over 20 reviews. At time of publication, there had only been only two complaints filed against Wholesale Warranties through the BBB in the past three years.
Most customers described a positive relationship with Wholesale Warranties, especially in regard to claims servicing. One reviewer wrote:
“After the first month, I had a water pump go out and WW was there to help. I have used my policy twice in the seven months I have had the policy. Both claims were handled above my expectations. From purchase of the policy to the claims, I could not be happier.”
– H.S. Baker via BBB
Some customers have posted comments about difficulty getting in touch with the company for roadside assistance and claims servicing, but these types of comments are the minority. While just over 20 reviews is not a large sample size to guarantee the quality of Wholesale Warranties’ service, the high number of positive reviews is a good indicator.
Wholesale Warranties Extended Coverage: 3.9 Stars
Though Wholesale Warranties specializes in extended service contracts for campers and RVs, the company offers auto warranties as well. Wholesale Warranties has some of the lowest-priced plans that we’ve come across and has a good customer service reputation.
Details for Wholesale Warranties extended warranty contracts for cars are hard to come by, as the company makes its RV coverage more prominent. It is likely that coverage options are not as comprehensive as other providers. However, given the customer reviews, most consumers appear satisfied with their contract coverage.
We would recommend getting a quote from Wholesale Warranties for both your RV and auto needs.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
While Wholesale Warranties may be a great choice for your vehicle, it’s always a good idea to compare options across multiple providers. That way, you can have peace of mind that you’re getting the most comprehensive coverage at the best price for your vehicle. Our top two recommended extended warranty companies are Endurance and CARCHEX.
#1 Endurance: Best Coverage
Endurance offers extensive coverage options and transparent contracts. The Endurance Supreme plan provides bumper-to-bumper coverage that includes nearly every mechanical and electrical component in your vehicle.
An Endurance extended warranty also includes some of the most comprehensive benefits of any warranty on the market. This provider offers one year free of Elite Benefits with all Endurance plans, these include:
- Tire repair/replacement
- Key fob replacement
- Total loss protection
- Roadside assistance
- Collision discount
- Access to the Endurance mobile app
Endurance has been selling extended vehicle service contracts for the past 15 years and has quickly grown to become one of the largest third-party extended warranty providers on the market.
Learn more about coverage from Endurance by getting a free, personalized quote.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
#2 CARCHEX: Best For Used Cars
CARCHEX has one of the strongest reputations in the extended car warranty industry. It offers plans in all 50 states and partners with industry leaders like CARFAX, RepairPal, Edmunds.com, and Kelley Blue Book. CARCHEX is rated A+ by the BBB and has grown steadily since its inception in 2004.
There are five levels of CARCHEX coverage, ranging from a basic powertrain warranty to CARCHEX’s Titanium plan, the highest level of coverage. Terms extend as high as 10 years and 250,000 miles, and prices are some of the lowest among top-tier providers.
What makes CARCHEX stand out is its excellent customer service reputation. It has many positive customer reviews on sites like BBB and Trustpilot, as well as numerous industry awards.
To see how much you would pay for a CARCHEX extended warranty, get a quote for your vehicle.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.